Goodbye Beautiful, Genius, Freaky, Hilarious Bard
George Carlin 1937-2008
 

Posted by Unknown in

George Carlin died yesterday, at age 71. To quote the NYTimes website, "the cause of death was heart failure".

This is bumming me out. More than expected. A little bit like Stanley Kubrick, about ten years ago. I have been thinking about Death lately... Perhaps it explains why I feel that tightness in my throat my people call moton dans la gorge... Or perhaps the fact that George is, was only one year older than my dad.

Having a sweet glass of porto to his memories, I can only remember those quotes I still constantly use :P...

"The planet is fine. The people are fucked."
"You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci."
"I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic fucking hatreds."
"Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?"
“When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.”

And those I just found and/or didn't remember :P:
“Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.”
“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”
“If we could just find out who's in charge, we could kill him.”

And, from all the videos of him out there, one that is, I think, the most emblematic of the creative genius that man was. Cheers, George!


♠♥♦♣

0 comments

Post a Comment

Archives

And now for something...

... completely different...

For all the media and art buffs out there, here's what I'm tripping on lately, besides poker... Comments and/or suggestions welcomed ;-).

  • Alias (Bendis!) (Graphic Novel)

  • Last Worthy Movie
    Milk (Gus Van Sant)

    And while we're at it, other personal stuff includes (contains French ramblings :P):
  • My Trials With Photography
  • Mise en Abyme (Movie Blog)