Multi-Table Omaha Sit'nGo!  

Posted by Unknown in ,

Oh yeah, I did!!! Found one with 30 something players out of the 45 required and instantly registered, just in case it filled up. And it did!!!

Friday nite, heading home with some excitment, eventhough I had to bail on something. Indeed, I was supposed to go to the CPR with my poker buddy (still no nickname, so he shall remain nameless for the time being :tongue:), but, early in the afternoon, my oldest lady friend told me she was going to have some drinks after work with some peeps. I asked who, hinting at the single woman my friend had mentioned a couple of times in the past, a movie buff whose allegedly perfect for me... Therefore, I got torn apart most of the afternoon between the "gotta see about a girl" and the poker nite scheduled for a while now... And then it happened; my friend's boyfriend invited me to his poker homegame, which was to occur at the girl's place (since her roommate his a poker player)... Then, I definitely wanted in... And my poker buddy gave me his blessings to bail on him... So, I accepted the invite, a tad late though. And the proverbial shit the proverbial fan...

I get home, sit at my desk and login to PokerStars. I play a single Hold'em low limit table to past the time until 6h30, when my friend is going to call and give me the game's location. So I play and spent my time. 6h30 comes and pass and I kinda get the idea of calling myself, but then get dealt Rockets in the hole in position. My concentration doubles and I utterly forget I was thinking of calling my buddy... I win a decent sized pot... 7 o'clock hits and I say to myself "They must be arguing about something... The call'll come real soon"... And the demon is starting his jiggle "you'll end up here all nite... you'll end up here all nite... you'll end up here all nite... ". Sure as an egg is an egg, I never get the call, get pissed off a while cause I could have been playing poker for a couple hundred bucks instead of missing a double opportunity and ending up home alone on a Friday nite... This passes though, as I click the "Tourney" tab of my PS client and see a 5-table Omaha SitnGo almost full. Woohoo!!! Jackpot, I register and end up playing my first Omaha tourney. But that's not all; around 8 o'clock, still on the first few blind levels, I get an email from my friend's boyfriend with the adress of the game and everything... Annoyed, I look at the header and realize that the dude was alright all along, emailing me around 5h30 with these infos... How in the world did I received it almost 3 hours later??? This is still puzzling me to the day...

But, then I rake a good pot with top two pair against a drawing dude paying too much for any draw... Life is better suddenly... Even more when, about 10 hands later, I make THE nuts on the turn and get paid for it, almost doubling up (this is Pot Limit Omaha, needless to say). The high is cut short in the span of 3 hands that get me broke with 2 stupid hold'em plays before the killing hand. Final rank: 17th out of 45. And I still think I could (maybe even should) have won that thing "smirk:...

Very fun first experience. Loads of newbies and clueless peeps. Just like me! The pace is a bit faster since more players take more chances, going at a whim often enough. Makes it a little more crapshoot like, but I think one with good starting hand judgment could do real good getting paid a lot by many Hold'em players looking for a good laugh. Only downside is the rarity of 45 Omaha players registering... I hope the Poker Train eventually picks up on the other games, cause for the time being, peeps do not seem that interested by anything else than Hold'em...


♠♥♦♣

0 comments

Post a Comment

Archives

And now for something...

... completely different...

For all the media and art buffs out there, here's what I'm tripping on lately, besides poker... Comments and/or suggestions welcomed ;-).

  • Alias (Bendis!) (Graphic Novel)

  • Last Worthy Movie
    Milk (Gus Van Sant)

    And while we're at it, other personal stuff includes (contains French ramblings :P):
  • My Trials With Photography
  • Mise en Abyme (Movie Blog)