Cooler, Rite of Passage...  

Posted by Unknown in

Variance is just another word for "God either doesn't exist or doesn't give a $h1t"...

iPoker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - iPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($79.96)
Hero (SB) ($77.43)
BB ($62.10)
UTG ($9.25)
UTG+1 ($49.25)
MP1 ($9.50)

MP2 ($101.95)
MP3 ($10)
CO ($47.23)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A♠ A♣
5 folds, CO raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3.50, 1 fold
, CO raises to $10, Hero raises to $77.43 (All-In), CO calls $37.23 (All-In)

Flop: ($94.96) 9 Q 6♠ (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($94.96) 4 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($94.96) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $94.96 | Rake: $3

Results:
Hero mucked A♠ A♣ (one pair, Aces).

CO had A A (flush, Ace high).
Outcome: CO won $91.96



This has to be the worse bad beat with the money going in pre-flop one can take... Mine anyway... Why o why couldn't I be on the right side of that freaky freak statistical event, damn you, Poker Gods?!?!?!?

equity win tie
50% 2.17% 47.83%
50% 2.17% 47.83%


Considering another fscking bad-beat type twist of faith that happened while my pal Yves (real name, I kid you not ;)) and I were watching the Habs game and playing a NLHE Freezout Heads-up on Saturday night. I got dealt pocket rockets, but didn't even have time to look at'em before Yves folded his small blind, to which I shrugged and went "awwwight", peeling my cards out of habit/curiosity only to see those 2 beautiful aces staring me right back in the eye. Then came what I regret the most in like ages... He showed some crap like 92off, so I went "Let's run it, you'll hit 2 pairs, you lousy luckbox!" (he is one luckbox fella :P). And we did. What did I flop? That's right, quads Aces... Quad-fscking-Aces.In.A.Heads-up-Fscking-Match... I knew right there that I'd been in the middle of a variance shit storm since a week, and it was not gonna be over this weekend anyway...

I had to take a pic of that... to attest of it... I swear on my mother's soul it is NOT A RIGGED PIC!!!! Yves can testify if need be... rofl!



So here's a joke about it all, just to make sure I can smile again... lol.

♠♥♦♣

0 comments

Post a Comment

Archives

And now for something...

... completely different...

For all the media and art buffs out there, here's what I'm tripping on lately, besides poker... Comments and/or suggestions welcomed ;-).

  • Alias (Bendis!) (Graphic Novel)

  • Last Worthy Movie
    Milk (Gus Van Sant)

    And while we're at it, other personal stuff includes (contains French ramblings :P):
  • My Trials With Photography
  • Mise en Abyme (Movie Blog)